Friday, October 31, 2014

This is the week of Halloween which is usually one of celebration, parties, and fun.  However, for me it has become one of reflection.  I have many family members who are leaving for missions or military duty in the next few weeks.  Their journeys have made me think about my own life and what I am trying to accomplish.  It has made me realize how small my own problems are in comparison.  A test or a paper are small trials or difficulties which in 3 months will not mean anything.  They are the accumulation of my final grade but life has so much more meaning to it than that.


                I know that I need to find ways to “chill” and take life as it comes but often I worry about the future.  Will I provide a good life for my wife, will I be a good husband and father in the future.  There are many difficult questions and issues which lie ahead.  I hope that I can remember that life is a journey with difficulties and trials but most my challenges are insignificant. 

2 comments:

  1. "Do your best, forget the rest; that is what the angles do!" The fact that you are thinking about it tells me that you are probably on the right track! Just don't let your worrying about it steal from your happiness today! Take one day at a time, do your best, try harder each day, love your wife before yourself, never stop holding hands or telling each other that you love each other, and remember, the 1st honeymoon should last about 50 years, then you can begin the 2nd honeymoon (Pres. Hinckley??)! You will be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true. Often times we look at what we are facing and it is hard to imagine anything else going on. But in the grand scheme of things there is a lot going on. Sometimes I just sit and think about how huge the world is and how many people live in it and it blows me away. I am so small and insignificant, but at the same time God actually cares about me. It's very humbling.

    ReplyDelete