Friday, September 12, 2014

First Post

Welcome to the Blog-o-sphere Jucy. For those who do not know us, Jucy is the name given to Lucy and I when we first began to date.  It is one of those cool combo names that has stuck. This blog is for a class but I plan to continue blogging weekly. My goal is to use this blog to document our married adventure. I also will be blogging about something new I learn each week for my class.

We have completed our second week of school and they have been filled with learning.  I started my internship for Girlie Glue, I will do a complete post about them later. 

This week I have been learning the importance of time management.  This was the first full week of classes and I have begun to experience my whole school workload. I begin work on the internship which is roughly 10 hours a week.  Lucy and I have to make time for one another each day.  The 12-1 slot in the afternoon is our lunch hour and then I pick her up at 4 or six Monday- Thursday. As soon as I pick her up we try to spend time together making dinner  or watching some TV show, this week it has been Law and Order. Today we plan on going to the temple, our goal is to attend the temple weekly. Last year temple attendance was a struggle for me, last winter I hardly attended the temple because I did not make time.  We also want to go with Omi, my german grandmother, but   coordinating together has been more difficult than we originally anticipated. 

My first two weeks of classes have taught me, as you can see, the importance of time management.  Lucy and I have begun to communicate nightly in our "pillow talk" to review each day and what lies ahead. Together we are ready to face the challenges of this semester and our lives by being more in sync.  

This has been a great week.  More blogs with details to follow!!

3 comments:

  1. Newlywed-dom is such an awesome time! You are insanely busy, poor, and hopeful for all the great things that life holds in store for you! Keep communicating, holding hands, enjoying lunch and pillow talk together daily, and keep the temple high in your priorities!!

    I love the saguaro cactus on your background! Aaaahhhh!! AZ!! I love traveling to Phoenix - watching the desert change as I head south! I forget how much a part of me the desert is, then I return to visit family & I happily swim in the flora & fauna, culture, and heat! Look on my blog for a rare picture of 4 Peaks sunrise on a clear morning! (http://lifelonglearningandme.blogspot.com/)

    I have to ask - are you from the Udall family who helped settle AZ? We may be "shirttail cousins"! I come from the Smith's / Larson's / Hunt's / etc... from Snowflake. No worries - I find cousins EVERYWHERE!! We have a fantastic heritage, don't we?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i know we have Ida Hunt was an ancestor somewhere. I am sure we are distant cousins.

      Delete